Last Updated: October 3, 2023
Please see our Privacy Snapshot for a high-level overview of our privacy practices.
- Contractors – including their owners, employees, and other representatives – in connection with their access to and use of the Apps; and
- Visitors to our Sites and other individuals whose interactions with us are limited to browsing our Sites, contacting us to inquire about our Services, or interacting with us on social media.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
We collect the following categories of personal information:
Information you provide to us
- Contact and account information, such as your first and last name, your company name, phone number, email and mailing addresses, number of employees, and the username and password you use to access our Services.
- Payment and expense information, including information needed to complete and manage your orders and transactions on or through the Services. We use a payment service provider, STAX to process payments and we do not have access to payment card numbers.
- App transactions and content, such as information about the Apps you purchase, the features of the Apps you choose to use, and any information you upload or otherwise submit to the Apps, including content such as photos, videos, audio notes, timecards, and payroll information.
- App location information, if you enable location collection within any Apps you use, such as to optimize routes and monitor the location of technicians. We use or disclose precise location information only to operate our Services, for service development and improvement, and for compliance and protection purposes, as described in the “Personal Information Use” section below. We do not use or disclose precise location information for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online. If you choose to interact with the chatbot on our Sites, you agree that the third-party provider of the chatbot service may host your conversation with us.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our Services, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from third parties:
- Other sources. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as publicly-available sources and data providers.
Automatic data collection. We, our advertising partners, and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, language settings, network information, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION USE
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
To operate our Services:
- Provide, operate, maintain, secure, and improve our Services.
- Fulfill payments and transactions.
- Provide information about our Services.
- Communicate with you about our Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with our Services and our communications.
- Respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
Service development and improvement. We use the personal information you provide to develop and improve our Services, including to analyze trends in the use of our Services, to improve existing features, and to develop new products, features, and business lines. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services, and promote our business.
For marketing and advertising. We, our service providers, and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use personal information for the following marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email. We may also contact you by telephone for marketing purposes as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt-out of marketing communications” section below.
Compliance and protection, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims).
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies.
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our website and Services.
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARING
We may share your personal information with:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above, which may collect information on the website through cookies and other automated technologies.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, ServiceTrade (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4. YOUR CHOICES
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communications we send you. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe. Even if you opt out of marketing-related communications, you may continue to receive service related and other non-marketing communications.
Personal information requests. Depending on your location and the nature of your interactions with our Services, you may request the following in relation to your personal information:
- Access to a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you. Where applicable, we will provide the information in a portable, machine-readable, readily-usable format.
- Correction of personal information that is inaccurate or out of date.
- Deletion of personal information that we no longer need to provide the services or for other lawful purposes.
- Opt out of interest-based advertising. The disclosure of personal information to our advertising partners for interest-based advertising may constitute a “sale” or “sharing” of personal information under California law. To opt out of interest-based advertising, you can click the “Your Privacy Choices” link on the footer of our website. You can also opt out of online tracking technologies as provided in the “Limit online tracking” section below.
To exercise the above rights, please contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. Prior to responding to your requests, we may verify your identity by matching any requested identifying information you provide against the information we have about you. If you are in California, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
In some instances, these rights may be limited, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights.
Limit online tracking: Here are some of the ways you can limit online tracking:
- Block cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Use the following links to learn more about how to control cookies and online tracking through your browser:
- Limit the use of advertising ID. You may be able to limit use of your mobile device’s advertising ID for interest-based advertising purposes through your device’s settings.
- Use privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Services from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also install a browser add-on to opt out of Google Analytics.
- Advertising industry opt-outs. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising platforms offer opt-out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
Note that the above opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. You will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Services are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete that information.
8. DATA SECURITY
We employ technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You use the Services at your own risk.
10. CONTACT US
5003 S. Miami Blvd., Suite 500
Durham, NC 27703